- Mothers who are in the late stages of pregnancy.
- Parents where the Local Authority are considering removing their child at birth.
- Families where there have been concerns regarding physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse or long standing neglect.
- Parents who have a level of learning difficulty that is believed to impact on the care they are able to offer their child/ren.
- Dependent on a specific risk assessment, parents who have a history of self-harming behaviour.
- Dependent on a specific risk assessment, parents who have mental health difficulties.
- Parents who had chaotic drug and/or alcohol problems but who are now drug and/or alcohol free. We will, subject to an initial risk assessment, consider admitting parents who are currently under treatment.
- Mothers and their children where there are concerns regarding the mother’s ability to provide protective parenting. This may include mothers who have experienced domestic violence from their partners or mothers who have formed relationships with men who have sexually offended.
- Young unaccompanied minors who are pregnant or are mothers themselves.
Please note Chariteens Residential Family Centre is able to provide free pre-admission Viability Assessments.
Download Our Referral Form Here